Your privacy is very important to Kerby-Reid.
Kerby-Reid provides underwriting software services to businesses in the insurance industry such as insurance carriers, insurance brokers, insurance agents, and managing general agents ("our clients"). In order to provide these services to our clients and to ensure we can assist our clients to make informed underwriting and claims decisions, it is necessary that we obtain information about you and / or your businesses on behalf of our clients. We will keep your personally identifiable information in confidence and access to that information will be restricted to those having a legitimate need to review or use that information.
Kerby-Reid complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and provincial privacy legislation. For more information about PIPEDA, please visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada's 'Privacy laws in Canada' website at www.priv.gc.ca/en/privacy-topics/privacy-laws-in-canada.
- Age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, or blood type
- Opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, or disciplinary actions
- Employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, existence of a dispute between a customer and a merchant, intentions (for example, to acquire goods or services, or change jobs)
The types of personally identifiable information we collect is dependent on the type of product you request from us. We will limit the personally identifiable information we collect to that necessary for our clients to make informed underwriting and business decisions.
Kerby-Reid is responsible for personally identifiable information under its control. Kerby-Reid's Privacy Officer is accountable for Kerby-Reid's policy with respect to the management of personally identifiable information and is the person to whom complaints and inquiries can be forwarded.
Marc Sargent, Privacy OfficerKerby-Reid Inc.
27 East York Avenue
Toronto, ON M4K 3Z8
Kerby-Reid collects, uses and discloses personally identifiable information for numerous reasons such as:
- Offering insurance quotes, policies, bonds, and related products and services on behalf of our clients,
- Assisting our clients to make informed underwriting and claims decisions,
- Helping our clients to administer and process insurance products and services,
- Assisting our clients to establish and maintain communication with you,
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your personally identifiable information,
- Tracking your usage of our website,
- Determining your eligibility for products offered on behalf of our clients,
- Facilitating and tracking your payment of premiums, fees and taxes,
- Assisting our clients to investigate and settle claims,
- Detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorized or illegal activities,
- Sharing your information with our clients, provided there are reasonable safeguards and it is legally permitted,
- Compiling statistics or aggregate data,
- Assisting our clients to report to regulatory or industry oversight entities as required by law,
- Gathering your feedback to help our clients improve their products and services,
- Complying with all applicable laws.
Kerby-Reid will not use or disclose your personally identifiable information for any additional purpose unless we obtain your consent to do so.
Kerby-Reid will not sell user lists or personally identifiable information to other parties.
Canada's privacy laws stipulate that an individual's consent is required prior to or at the time we collect his or her personally identifiable information. Consent is also required prior to disclosing any personally identifiable information to a third party, except in certain situations identified in the legislation. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our use of your personally identifiable information until you notify us of your withdrawal of your consent:
- Your voluntary provision of personally identifiable information directly to us or through our client, broker, agent, insurer, association, or their representative for the purpose of acquiring an insurance or surety contract or related product or service (including information previously provided to us),
- Your request for website access by signing up for a website account,
- Your logging in to one of our websites using your selected or assigned unique log in name and password,
- Your consent solicited by us (or our agent) for a specified purpose,
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as an agent, legal guardian or holder of a power of attorney.
In the event you request changes, endorsements, renewals or cancellations to your policy or bond, the original consent provided to us will remain in effect.
For certain products and where allowed by law, you may be given the option to give consent for us to access limited credit information about you or your company's shareholders from a credit reporting agency. Consent will be explicitly requested by us and you must provide explicit consent before we will attempt to obtain such credit information.
Please note that if you refuse or withdraw consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personally identifiable information we may be unable to allow access to the secure sections of our website or provide the product or service requested.
Kerby-Reid limits the collection of personally identifiable information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified.
Limiting Use, Disclosure, and Retention
Kerby-Reid will not use disclosed personally identifiable information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as permitted by law. Kerby-Reid will retain personally identifiable information only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes or to satisfy our legal or business obligations.
Kerby-Reid will keep your personally identifiable information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
You may request corrections to your personally identifiable information in order to ensure its accuracy and completeness. A request to correct personally identifiable information must be made in writing and provide sufficient detail to identify the personally identifiable information and the correction being sought.
If the personally identifiable information is demonstrated to be inaccurate or incomplete, we will correct the information as required and send the corrected information to any organization to which we disclosed the personally identifiable information in the previous year. If the correction is not made, we will note your correction request in the file.
Kerby-Reid is committed to ensuring the security of your personally identifiable information in order to protect it from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal or similar risks.
Kerby-Reid will protect your personally identifiable information by various physical, technological and organizational safeguards. Kerby-Reid will protect personally identifiable information using security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
All interactions where we collect personally identifiable information on our website will be done using secure sockets layer protocol (encrypted).
Kerby-Reid will not process, store or transfer personally identifiable information collected in Canada to any entity, server or location outside of Canada.
Kerby-Reid will use appropriate security measures when destroying your personally identifiable information.
Kerby-Reid will continually review and update our security policies and controls as technology changes to ensure ongoing personally identifiable information security.
Upon written request, Kerby-Reid will make available to you specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personally identifiable information.
Upon written request, Kerby-Reid will inform you of the existence, use, and disclosure of your personally identifiable information and will give you access to that information, subject to limited exceptions. A minimal fee may be charged for providing access to personally identifiable information. Where a fee may apply, we will inform you of the cost and request further direction from you on whether or not we should proceed with the request. If a request is refused in full or in part, we will notify you in writing, providing the reasons for refusal and the recourse available to you.
An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to Kerby-Reid's Privacy Officer.